The following is a list of helpful resources for small businesses.
- An Overview of Small Business Contracting
- Doing Business with the Department of Defense: A Tool Kit for Defense Acquisition
- U.S. Small Business Administration Small Business Resource Guide: Grow Your Business in the Washington Metropolitan Area
- Department of the Navy Office of Small Business Programs
- Department of the Navy Office of Small Business Programs Mentor-Protégé Program
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- DoD Small Business Programs Cybersecurity
- Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC)
- Contract Opportunities
- Navy Buying Commands
- Department of Defense Industrial Policy
Industrial Policy is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment for developing DoD policies for the maintenance of the U.S. defense industrial base.
The Department of Commerce implemented tariffs on steel and aluminum imports for national security reasons. The U.S. Trade Representative announced tariffs to combat unfair trade practices on certain Chinese goods. Additional tariffs on a larger list of goods from China are expected in the future. Small businesses should become familiar with what imported products are affected to make informed business decisions as tariffs could increase the total cost of certain imported goods.
- Subcontract data is available on USAspending.gov