The aim of Augmented Reality for Advanced Maintenance Training is to create new and updated theories and models of learning for design of instructional methods, simulations and training devices including job performance aids. This program measures gain and loss of skills and knowledge and trainee performance models for assessment of learning and readiness.
Research Concentration Areas
- AI-based tutors and immersive environments to train naval skills, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving
- Behavioral assessment and modeling of individual development of naval skills
- Computational and dynamic models for measuring learning in naval schools and centers
- Develop technologies for using individual differences to improve rate of personalized training
Research Challenges and Opportunities
- Basic research to understand and model the processes of learning and performance in complex settings
- Basic research to model selection and classification using performance and prediction of job success
- Applied research to develop simulations for training with appropriate levels of fidelity to naval workplace
- Applied research to demonstrate adaptive training and re-training of naval tasks
How to Submit
For detailed application and submission information for this research topic, please refer to our broad agency announcement (BAA) No. N00014-22-S-B001.
Contracts: All white papers and full proposals for contracts must be submitted through FedConnect; instructions are included in the BAA.